Viscous gasket for driver frame

My new AICC-CR (one of MCAP-CRs) application "Con Gioia" uses Fostex's FE83En.
I made several changes to this speaker unit, because I did not like its sound.
I found that the main reason that I hate its sound was that it has very unrigid frame. FE83En costs more than most of same class drivers by different suppliers'. On the other hand frame is very weak and weak frame became source of noise.

I made clay gasket and laminated to inner frame in order to damp the frame. I hear great change of its sound. This may be a good idea to damp weak frames.

Sound became more vivid, listening Bobo Stenson Trio. It seems noise from weak metal frame was not negligible.


Multiple-Degree of Freedom Cavity Resonator Project

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Real Giant...!!!!

Mechanical Matrix MMX Speaker System